What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Star Citizen

mGz

I finally caved and tried this. Don't get the appeal at all.

Lysrin

I finally caved and tried this. Don't get the appeal at all.

Do tell...? You don't get the appeal of it in it's current alpha (and sometimes frustrating) state or an open world space sim isn't your style of game?

I would have thought what the game is would have been clear even without buying in or trying it.

Lysrin

Yup, you got that right! ;) They have a set of "getting started" type videos on the official SC YouTube channel that are fairly up-to-date. Can't link them for you atm but should be easy to find. Things like how to get your ship, how to use mobiglass, etc. It's a start but there are smaller aspects that will still be tricky to figure out. Also, watch the help text that scroll up at the bottom of the screen. It has a lot of "first steps" type info.

Certainly ask here too of course!

Lysrin

3.7 has gone Live. I.m downloading.

I was just going to post that lol Here's a link to the highlights: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17252-Alpha-37-Into-The-Depths

• Caves look well done (we didn't need them imo but still interesting);
  • the personal inventory is a nice addition;
  • the new character greater is much better;
  • renting ships in game is a plus too; and
  • New flyable ships, always nice (finally got my Sentinel! (y)); and
  • shareable missions.
I think the ability to share missions is the best quality of life change for me. That will make playing with others a lot more coordinated and interesting.

Lysrin

Little CitizenCon thing happened today. Lots of cool stuff, but the winner for me was a demo of the first jump gate with the Carrack as the star! :cool:

The Microtech stuff looked impressive, space cloud tech, dynamic weather, etc. The Theatres of War game mode looks well done, but not sure it'll be for me until the gameplay moves into the PU.

Also very pleased with a lot more persistence for the PU coming in 3.8 in Dec and in 2020. Their goal is to have less wipes and that will make time in game much more meaningful.

Couple vids:
The keynote end demo with the jump gate:

New Carrack ad... It's an ad, but it's the Carrack so I like it!

Trunkz Jr

Damn Loving the Carrack, GF and myself want to get it just for the exploration aspect.
Our community already has a Javelin and a few Idris ready to go so it's good to know we have somewhere to fly back on aside from landing on another planet.

Last edited by a moderator: