What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair Gets Into Air Cooling Again

CMetaphor

Quadfather
He's still right though, this can't possibly perform was well as even just 4x 8mm heatpipes. And as we know, Noctua and Thermaltake have heatsinks that use more than 4x 8mm heatpipes. This is just an insta-fail heatsink. No reason to buy it, at all.

freeagent

Oh ok, they were flattened. That just makes it worse. Squeeze it and you lose cross-sectional area of the round pipe. I’m sure this cooler would be good for someone, but not this guy. This just goes to show what kind of company Corsair really is. And people love their stuff, though I’m not sure why.

Edit:

Grammar.

Last edited:

encorp

There are A LOT of people who do not buy of specifications or capabilities. In fact I'd wager most consumers don't know the difference and people will buy this for all Corsair builds and so forth.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I just looked at it more closely, and really really can't understand their design.

It LOOKS like a single tower with large fins, which when paired with front and back fans wouldn't be so bad. BUT they left a damn gap in the middle of the fins... One in which you cannot fit a third fan. Sooooo pretty much completely messed up air flow in the middle of the heatsink. It's a completely different design, which I can't possibly see work.

See, the reason why dual tower heatsinks put a fan between them is because air didn't travel at the exact same speed at every possible point off the back of a fan. This also means small differences in static pressure as well. But since most (read: well-made) dual tower heatsinks use a middle fan, those small variances are a non issue. The air can enter at any speed, at any point, and get evenly pushed out the back thanks to they middle fan.

But the Corsair just leaves a gap... Those little differences in air speed and pressure will likely cause a complete mess in the middle. The airflow will be in chaos. And even if Corsair had the second/exhaust fan running *much* faster than the front fan to try and mitigate this issue, it still won't be anywhere as effective as a single tower with large fins or a dual tower with a middle fan.

... This heatsink is the TLJ of air-cooling... All looks, no substance, bad design choices, and only gets worse upon further scrutiny :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts