What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Must Have programs for Windows?

Skippman

What are your MUST HAVE Windows programs. The ones you always install as soon as you do an OS install.

Here's some I use:
FoxIt Reader (Open source PDF Reader)
MakeMKV (BluRay/DVD Ripper)
DropBox (Cloud file storage)
WindowBlinds (Skinning app)
Start10 (Start button customization)

What programs do you guys use? Good compression tools? Any system monitoring tools?

Skippman

No love for Icon packager Skippman?

Never really messed with it to be honest, even though I have the whole suite. I do like SpaceMonger through. Maybe I'll mess with it tonight.

For Anti-Virus I've had really good luck with Webroot. I particularly like the remote administration features it has as like many of you I find myself being in charge of IT for many family members.

I use Notepad++ and OneNote at work CONSTANTLY.

Lysrin

Microsoft Office, Chrome, 7-Zip, MSI Afterburner, Google Drive (not a fan of DropBox these days), HashTab, Notepad++, VSCode or VSCodium, Image Resizer (context menu add in), Steam, and... a Linux flavour in a VM ;) Obviously I use a bunch of other stuff but those are the ones that need to be install first and get used a lot.

I'm with @Shadowmeph , haven't been using an additional virus scanner. Been using only Windows Defender for a long time now.

LegendMask

Firefox, Winrar...

By the way this thread idea is genius, and I’m curios to see what am I missing

Latest posts