What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

FreeKnight

Personally I don't like it very much, it has a weird feel to it and digital triggers is a huge loss. Definitely better than joycons though. Can't really complain for $25 though
Damn, where'd you get one for $25?
Fair criticisms, I don't play many racers or shooters so I don't mind the triggers. I still use my XB1 controllers mostly on PC, since they set up so easily and work well with steam.

supaflyx3

Damn, where'd you get one for $25?
Fair criticisms, I don't play many racers or shooters so I don't mind the triggers. I still use my XB1 controllers mostly on PC, since they set up so easily and work well with steam.
Shoppers, I had 50k points and it was a 30% redemption bonus so ended up getting $65 off

lowfat

Staff member
primecables should have them decently priced...however, I haven’t looked for usb c specifically.

So the cable I ordered made it to GP Sunday night then nothing. Today I get an update that its being sent back to Amazon and refunded. So I ordered from Prime Cables.

Vittra

I've never been able to decide if I hate my Switch Pro controller or not. Sometimes I really like using it, while others I find movement with the left stick to be off and not particularly accurate compared to the joycons. Drives me crazy in BoTW and AC. DPad and Buttons feel good though. Triggers are "meh". I like the 8Bit Do SN30+ Pro more, reminds me of a (heavier) PS4 Dual Shock, with a removable battery and USB-C, and easily syncable to all devices. The button combo you press to activate it determines which device it tries to reconnect to.

The o-rings mod for these cherry switches how does it effect typing feel or is it more to tone down the noise a bit. For example I like red switches and it's almost inaudible unless I bottom them out.

They are just to prevent it from bottoming out.

Bear in mind O rings modify total travel distance and also change the material the cap bottoms out against, so there are two potential ways that it modifies feel. Similar to PCB vs plate mount switches, or the material used for the plate for plate mounted. I've tried orings, dental bands, and MX Pink/Salmon (Silent), and I don't like the "vagueness" they introduce to the light linear switches I typically use.

lowfat

Staff member
Bear in mind O rings modify total travel distance and also change the material the cap bottoms out against, so there are two potential ways that it modifies feel. Similar to PCB vs plate mount switches, or the material used for the plate for plate mounted. I've tried orings, dental bands, and MX Pink/Salmon (Silent), and I don't like the "vagueness" they introduce to the light linear switches I typically use.

Good point. I use clicky tactile switches. So by the time I hit the o-ring, the switch has already clicked and actuated.

lowfat

Staff member
Any indication of why it was sent back?
Saturday, 23 May
Package has shipped

Sunday, 24 May
1:36 AM
Arrival Scan
Grande Prairie, AB CA

Monday, 25 May
5:21 PM
Returning to seller
Grande Prairie, AB CA

That is it. I've had the same thing happen before and at the time I just reordered it.

sswilson

Staff member
That's bizarre.... was it pre-covid the last time or is this something new?

I wonder if it's a counterfeit part thing.... they discover that a particular part they're selling is counterfeit and pro-actively get the shipper to RMA it before it gets to you? It's obviously something being initiated by Amazon otherwise the refund wouldn't automatically be part of it....

lowfat

Staff member
That's bizarre.... was it pre-covid the last time or is this something new?

I wonder if it's a counterfeit part thing.... they discover that a particular part they're selling is counterfeit and pro-actively get the shipper to RMA it before it gets to you? It's obviously something being initiated by Amazon otherwise the refund wouldn't automatically be part of it....
It was a long while ago. Probably last year some time.

Well it was a cable by 'Fasgear'. So I don't think i'd worry about counterfeit. :D

Whatever, I'm not all that mad. The Prime Cables ones were cheaper and look a lot nicer. I'll just need to wait another week or so.

Latest posts