What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

lowfat

Staff member
that's pretty slick. I'm guessing the back lighting just bleeds from underneath the keycaps and your letters don't actually light up?

how much did that cost you, all in?

also, ugh on keeping the white keys clean :p
The stock keycaps shine through the caps but these to do not.

It wasn't cheap, keyboard was $300 and the caps were about $75. I could have bought a barebones keyboard w/o caps or switches and could have saved a bit. But then I would have had to wait a few months.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
The stock keycaps shine through the caps but these to do not.

It wasn't cheap, keyboard was $300 and the caps were about $75. I could have bought a barebones keyboard w/o caps or switches and could have saved a bit. But then I would have had to wait a few months.
and what is it about this keyboard that made it worth $400? 0_o

lowfat

Staff member
and what is it about this keyboard that made it worth $400? 0_o
Socketed hot swap switches, milled aluminum chassis. Plus them sweet A RGBs :p.

@moocow posted a thread where he tried to replace a switch and ended up destroying a solder contact pad. I had my previous Filco keyboard for 10 years and did the same thing on the 3rd time replacing all the switches. Now if I damage a switch w/ a spill or what not, I can replace it w/ zero soldering or even having to turn it off. Keyboard should last me damn near forever.

moocow

I looked at hot swapable keyboard as the result of my repair attempt. Even the cheapest Chinese kit (plate + case + PCB) is at least $100 CAD without switches. Adding 90 switches and key caps, the prices start to add up. It's just hard to justify for such things when we are used to $70 USD out the door price on mechanical keyboards or $50 membrane KB + mouse business combos. Also, $400 is pushing to GPU territory or 40% of a round trip ticket to Japan.

Izerous

Folding Team
There has been a few mech (cherry switches) pop up around $50+ range as well, and membranes well over $150+. Prices keep shifting around

sswilson

Staff member
Kinda neat the way they break down their expected availability by both date and confidence....

Did you get a chance to try some red keys over the weekend? It's really hard to make recommendations of key preference... it's a personal choice.

Latest posts