What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

JD

Staff member
Crucial ballistic DDR 3200 2x16 kit on prime deals (BL2K16G32C16U4B). Bit early but that is a good if not great price for it @172. Micron Rev. E dies. so it should be fun to tweak.
Guess I missed that! Only saw the 2x8GB RGB version today. Probably just carry over the 4x8GB 3000MHz on my X99 I have into my repurposed 3900X.

I did grab the B550 Tomahawk though, seems decent enough and it was $215.99. Not a crazy deal though but cheap enough.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Guess I missed that! Only saw the 2x8GB RGB version today. Probably just carry over the 4x8GB 3000MHz on my X99 I have into my repurposed 3900X.

I did grab the B550 Tomahawk though, seems decent enough and it was $215.99. Not a crazy deal though but cheap enough.
Buddy wants to build a new PC and he doesnt want to wait for stock on the 5k's. Got him to snag the 3800x and the ram. Gonna keep eyes peeled for more parts. Didnt see this deal you mentioned on the tomahawk...too bad...

1TB SN750 is on sale at egg for $160.

Entz

Yeah benefits of 12am PST :( The 2x8GB CL16 3600 was a fantastic deal at 87 (or 69 for the 3200) but I didn't want to deal with 4 sticks, at least not yet. Free shipping to boot.

Nice thing about Amazon is they have a very generous return policy. Should another sale happen :p

JD

Staff member
Well it came next day, though the other things I ordered from Amazon that I actually kinda needed have dates next week :rolleyes:

Looks decently built and things feel solid. All the heatsinks are screwed in too, no silly push-pins to wobble (not sure if that's even a thing anymore). This will be my first MSI board ever in my life, so hopefully all the negative press is "fake news" :LOL:

1602718749408.png

Dwayne

Started collecting parts for my next build. Lian Li O11 Dynamic, Corsair RM 1000x PSU, Kraken X73, 2 Inwin Polaris RGB fans (to match the 4 I own and fill in the holes on the O11) and 2 x 16 GB G.Skill 3600 16-16-16-39 RGB RAM. All ordered, nothing in hand, but the credit card is taking a beating today.

Basically going to wait on the MB, CPU, and m.2 drive until I see some reviews of the Zen 3 CPUs and then decide on the 5900x or i9 10850k. Best gaming CPU wins my dollars.

Izerous

Folding Team
Logitech k400 for inside the server cabinet. Getting annoyed by the micro keyboard and mouse I was using. reasonably sized keyboard and trackpad should be a bit more convenient. Wireless also means I can close the door to the cabinet and view the monitor through the glass door to cut down on noise.

FreeKnight

81BOGWDXGHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Kitchenaid 600 pro. I have a kitchenaid artisan already, but want something a little more heavy duty. I actually bought quite a bit over prime days, but this was the biggest ticket item

sswilson

Staff member
Logitech k400 for inside the server cabinet. Getting annoyed by the micro keyboard and mouse I was using. reasonably sized keyboard and trackpad should be a bit more convenient. Wireless also means I can close the door to the cabinet and view the monitor through the glass door to cut down on noise.
I've been a huge fan of the k400 keyboards for almost as long as they've been around. Matter of fact I just retired my first one over the weekend, the electronics were going flaky and I was getting multiple keypresses from several of the keys. Must have been close to 10 years old.