What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

SX8200 pro off my recommend list - hardware changes - UPDATE - more changes

Bond007

The SX8200 pro has been recommended by many for the last while as a great compromise between price and performance. Adata has, like some other companies in the past, switched out the controller and NAND on its SX8200 pro. The company has acknowledged doing this and performance appears to have been notably affected (at least in synthetics). The model number remains unchanged and there doesn’t appear to be a way of telling which hardware you will get.

Its off my recommend list until I see some reviews of the changes.

EDIT: see post #9 for a new update on more variants

Last edited:

MARSTG

They probably figured out the average user will never notice
And probably they won't, but ADATA still needs a good bashing and if you don't get the right controller just return it and leave a bad review !

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I am going to bump my old thread. Apparently they are up to 2 different controllers and 4 different NAND versions in these. Sounds like neither you nor adata know what you are getting with this drive anymore.

probably a supply issue, like everyone is suffering, and they're putting in whatever they can get.

Latest posts