What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

mGz

Fvckn miners n scalpers....piss me off....get a life please!!!
Nobody here has a mining factory, bruh. Relax.

Besides, if you're spending that kind of money on a GPU there's really no reason not to be mining on the side. You'd be killing two birds with one stone.

rjbarker

I have been offered several times while in in the Langley store to ship an item frim Victoria to my home. Now this was for a Lian-Li o11, and I was physically there, but still applies. All the guy said was that I would have to pay shipping to my home.

Nobody here has a mining factory, bruh. Relax.

Besides, if you're spending that kind of money on a GPU there's really no reason not to be mining on the side. You'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Yeah Im in a bad mood with all this stuff......best to "stay quiet"...n piss off with your irrelevent and non constructive comments.....in a polite HWC way of course ;)

mGz

Yeah Im in a bad mood with all this stuff......best to "stay quiet"...n piss off with your irrelevent and non constructive comments.....in a polite HWC way of course ;)
Lol... Ok boomer.

Also a bit rich because there's nothing constructive about your incessant rambling and ranting. There's a thread for that on here ya know. Moreover, if you haven't scored a 3080/90 by now you honestly have nobody to blame but yourself. Whine less and be more proactive.

Last edited:

mGz

Mining kinda kills hardware, if that's your only GPU

Prolonged periods of excessive heat causes hardware degradation. I'm not comfortable mining on my 3090 because of how hot the back vram modules get.

I've got my sli 1080ti's mining which draws less heat/power than that of an overclocked 3090.

Prickly007

I think with current valuation of BTC that $20 is a bit high.

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/nvidia-rtx-3090 Their calculator for a 1080Ti, which is what I have, is fairly accurate. Of course, the rate is variable, only a few days ago I was earning roughly twenty-five percent less .

Without modding or a custom loop...

How much does case cooling impact things? The VRM on my Asus Strix 1080Ti stay at 66/67 C when mining, which is a lot cooler than what I have read on Reddit. GPU temps range from 57-62C, depending on ambient temps. As I recall, Witcher 3 pushed VRM temps into the low 70s Celsius.

best to "stay quiet"...n piss off....

Maybe you should take your own advice. ;)

Mining kinda kills hardware, if that's your only GPU

That's like saying gaming kills a GPU.

Reactions: mGz

rjbarker

Lol... Ok boomer.

Also a bit rich because there's nothing constructive about your incessant rambling and ranting. There's a thread for that on here ya know. Moreover, if you haven't scored a 3080/90 by now you honestly have nobody to blame but yourself. Whine less and be more proactive.

Duly noted !!!

Thanks for all that ;)

As well MemX London Ont called me back and said they would ship the Asus Strix 3090.....but not the Evga FTW Ultras....very kind of them....cudos! The Victoria MemX called me today and said they were expecting a batch of Evga 3090 FTW Ultras perhaps next week and are taking "phone in" orders...........good to know.....EK will have the FTW Ultra FCWB available in 4 wks........soon I know!!!!

Dwayne.....where were you at on the Evga queue ? Was it a 3080 or 3090 ?

Last edited:

mGz

How much does case cooling impact things? The VRM on my Asus Strix 1080Ti stay at 66/67 C when mining, which is a lot cooler than what I have read on Reddit. GPU temps range from 57-62C, depending on ambient temps. As I recall, Witcher 3 pushed VRM temps into the low 70s Celsius.

A high airflow case would obviously be better than something that's too restrictive. Thing is, these cards are so damn power hungry and draw so much heat.... It would be negligible in the end. NVIDIA really pushed these cards to the absolute brink.

Here's an example of some mods people are doing - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-a-3090-and-the-secret-memory-perfcap.276968/

crazyea

I sure hope that you didn’t mean to quote me to this reply.

Latest posts