What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rogers buys Shaw Cable

FreeKnight

Rogers buys Shaw cable

Not really news for those of you East of Manitoba, but Shaw is getting bought out by Rogers, so all of Canada will soon have the opportunity to enjoy the horrific service that Ontario's had for years ;):LOL:

Wonder how it'll affect resellers using Shaw's network down the road. I'd like to avoid ever having to go back to Bell/Telus/Shaw/Rogers after switching to using resellers.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Exactly what Canada needs is less competition in the internet/cable field. Hopefully the govt rejects the buy as anti competitive.
That was my first thought when I read the article. Canada's telecom is a steaming mess of anti-consumer practices and one more merger isn't going to help.

moocow

Argh. Why are we protecting these douche canoes from foreign competitions? I hate their argument that if they aren't protected they won't expand the network (internet, cell). I mean it sucks ass now, how is that threat any more threatening?

Jokester

This is not good news at all. Shaw just got into the mobile network and was expanding. Rogers took the competitor out at the knees before they could even get going

JD

Staff member
Well Rogers lost the bid to buy Cogeco right? So if this one goes through, I'm guessing it will help Rogers push out Cogeco.

Soultribunal

Staff member
From a service level, Rogers (at least in my area) has been flawless and their technicians helpful and knowledgeable (for the most part).

From a business level, I don't need to see other companies get swallowed up and leave us with less options. That rarely helps the consumer.

-ST

Latest posts