What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member

I'm not one for pre-ordering games, but I couldn't resist.... praying that it's relatively easy to configure for a portrait mode monitor.

So.... good news and bad news.... :)

It does indeed do a good job of automatically adapting to a portrait mode monitor, and has a reasonably good set of display options with different border options that allow for the game to be either full screen (stretched), full screen with upper and lower border (keeps the correct aspect ratio), or smaller screen wrapped in a "3D" console.

OTOH, the controller setup is a major PITA and the buttons aren't fully mappable (triggers have to be mapped to XBox triggers, etc.... ).

I was on the fence as to whether or not I wanted to try for a refund (based on the stupidly crappy controller settings) but I kept at it and managed to cludge settings into steam that will work for both my Pinball and this.

Only played 1943 so far, but it plays well (as well or better than I've seen it on mame) and has a decent enough front end for the included games.

crazyea

So.... good news and bad news.... :)

It does indeed do a good job of automatically adapting to a portrait mode monitor, and has a reasonably good set of display options with different border options that allow for the game to be either full screen (stretched), full screen with upper and lower border (keeps the correct aspect ratio), or smaller screen wrapped in a "3D" console.

OTOH, the controller setup is a major PITA and the buttons aren't fully mappable (triggers have to be mapped to XBox triggers, etc.... ).

I was on the fence as to whether or not I wanted to try for a refund (based on the stupidly crappy controller settings) but I kept at it and managed to cludge settings into steam that will work for both my Pinball and this.

Only played 1943 so far, but it plays well (as well or better than I've seen it on mame) and has a decent enough front end for the included games.

Looks on steam, mostly negative review, I'll pass on the headache. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Entz

Ergo M575 . Murphys law and all that - -since we were talking about trackballs recently and that the switches in the m570 are kinda crappy... Mine are acting up and its time to replace it lol.

Latest posts