What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Battlefield 2042... what the...?!

Lysrin

Valid points have been made re kids and what not......But this 56 year old kid is so looking forward to this installment in the franchise!
Linked below, the Official gameplay trailer released earlier, oh the possibilities of play styles......woot!

Watched the gameplay trailer... still looks like nonsense to me. But I'll adjust my comment and say it isn't the style of wargame I am interested in playing.

I think the key here is that it is in fact intended to be nonsense and that is how it has to be taken. I was hoping it might be some kind of a squad based tactical shooter this time around, more arcadey and casual than something like ARMA for example, but not this much of a "video game".

Lemoine sums up a lot of what made me shake my head at the reveal trailer. He has more credentials than me so best it come from him ;) And like he says; it's a video game, totally and only. Don't expect anything realistic from this but it might be a lot of fun multiplayer. The F-35 stuff is extra nonsense though lol

Last edited:

gingerbee

It's a war video game based in 2042. I don't care about whether it's accurate to reality or not, is it fun to play then I am happy it's not a war sim, personally I don't care what a vet thinks about how accurate the game is to reality, I want to know what gamers and joe blow thinks about it.

I don't get what you're on about at all. He says it himself stick to a sim, if you want realistic then play a simulator game.

Am I the only person who never thought of them as a realistic war game, because if they were supposed to be they did a horrible job at it?
I never got " this is so real feeling" from any of them why would you think it would suddenly be a war simulator.

Lysrin

It's a war video game based in 2042. I don't care about whether it's accurate to reality or not, is it fun to play then I am happy it's not a war sim, personally I don't care what a vet thinks about how accurate the game is to reality, I want to know what gamers and joe blow thinks about it.

I don't get what you're on about at all. He says it himself stick to a sim, if you want realistic then play a simulator game.

Am I the only person who never thought of them as a realistic war game, because if they were supposed to be they did a horrible job at it?
I never got " this is so real feeling" from any of them why would you think it would suddenly be a war simulator.
Yeah @gingerbee , that is what I am trying to say, but not well I guess lol In my minds eye way back Battlefield 1942 wasn't as fantastical as this. So where this was 2042, I thought perhaps this was going to be a modernized take on what I remember from that. But maybe I am not even remembering 1942 correctly? Been a long time.

And I shared buddy's video because he made it because he had viewers asking if it was realistic. Curious that people had to ask I thought. I thought he did a good job of saying no, it isn't, but don't buy this game for that. It isn't intended to be that. Have fun with it for what it is.

Just because I don't get it, doesn't mean it won't be a fun game! :)

gingerbee

I just didn't understand where you were going with it cause from what I can remember from all the battlefield games I have played none were realistic that's why I didn't understand what you were on about thanks for explaining.

Well I can tell ya I may be remembering it wrong too its been so long since the first one, what I can remember from is really battlefield bad company. I guess we will all find out soon enough once it launches.

My apologies if that came off as rude sorry, I just didn't understand. I have never thought of them in this way they were always just a fun shoot em up

Lysrin

I just didn't understand where you were going with it cause from what I can remember from all the battlefield games I have played none were realistic that's why I didn't understand what you were on about thanks for explaining.

Well I can tell ya I may be remembering it wrong too its been so long since the first one, what I can remember from is really battlefield bad company. I guess we will all find out soon enough once it launches.

My apologies if that came off as rude sorry, I just didn't understand. I have never thought of them in this way they were always just a fun shoot em up
No apologies necessary. I was admittedly a bit frustrated in my post that started this thread because of false expectations! It was a "shoot-from-the-hip" reaction! I haven't played the more recent ones much at all.

Question though, what is the deal with the big tornado though? Is that a recurring thing in the games?

gingerbee

LMAO nope never seen it before I have no idea what's up, maybe a big multi-player part of the game or it's not in the game at all and it's just a hyped-up add lol

I must admit it looks just a little silly eh. ya the last few games, if you want to go back and play them are fun but I don't think they're very warlike just good shoot-em-ups

Lysrin

LMAO nope never seen it before I have no idea what's up, maybe a big multi-player part of the game or it's not in the game at all and it's just a hyped-up add lol

I must admit it looks just a little silly eh. ya the last few games, if you want to go back and play them are fun but I don't think they're very warlike just good shoot-em-ups
I do have Battlefield 3 and I just added Battlefield 4 to my Origin account when it was free recently. On the ever-growing list of games to try! If I try them I will go in with the right expectations! ;)

gingerbee

I thought they were fun at least you can get most of them for free or really cheap the only one I didn't like cause I couldn't get into it was hardline, but you may like it. The last few battlefield one and V were pretty good

Last edited:

great_big_abyss

I miss Battlefield 3. Spent a lot of time playing it. I would call it realistic in an arcade-y way. Most of the weapons platforms had some sort of realism to them, although the 2-hit kill system on the tanks was kinda silly.

Latest posts