What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

is 3dfx about to rise from the ashes?

crazyea

Oh my god. The Old IRQ Conflicts. I almost thought I was over the PTSD of that , and then your brought it back up.

I remember the old ISA slots with Graphics card(s) because of the new 3dfX, multiple sound cards etc.

The good old days.

-ST
Creative Sound Blaster. So much trouble. I'm amazed they are still around.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Creative Sound Blaster. So much trouble. I'm amazed they are still around.

Oh the days of IRQ and DMA.
Having to go into the Config.sys and SETHIGH so that way it loaded the memory correctly for the device.

Kids these days do NOT realize the trouble we went through back in the day just to get the damn thing to boot lol.

Now its "Why Duz itz not works?!".

-ST

crazyea

Oh the days of IRQ and DMA.
Having to go into the Config.sys and SETHIGH so that way it loaded the memory correctly for the device.

Kids these days do NOT realize the trouble we went through back in the day just to get the damn thing to boot lol.

Now its "Why Duz itz not works?!".

-ST
They don't know the pain of it taking a day to download a single song on a 28.8-56k modem. Haha!!

Soultribunal

Staff member
They don't know the pain of it taking a day to download a single song on a 56k modem. Haha!!

I actually had a Sound FIle for a while that made my modem mimic a dial up. That was fun.
I forgot how long it took to D/L anything with 56K.
I also remember having the first CD Burner where the disks had to go into a Cartridge, before going into the CD Burner. It was 1X. Took 8 hours to make a CD.

***Totally turned this thread into the good old days talk, and I'm totally Okay with that ***

-ST

crazyea

I actually had a Sound FIle for a while that made my modem mimic a dial up. That was fun.
I forgot how long it took to D/L anything with 56K.
I also remember having the first CD Burner where the disks had to go into a Cartridge, before going into the CD Burner. It was 1X. Took 8 hours to make a CD.

***Totally turned this thread into the good old days talk, and I'm totally Okay with that ***

-ST
And then on hour 7.5 the burner crashed due to a bad sector. lol

sswilson

Staff member
Who installed windows 95 using 21 floppy disks, and win 98 using 38 floppy disks? Good times!!
Pretty sure I had moved up to ODD by the time I was installing windows 95. OTOH, I do remember having some game boxes that came with 10 - 15 floppy disks.