What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

In The Black, by Impeller Studios, Is Almost Here!

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

it just got listed on Steam with a 2022 launch showing, no concrete date though and no price.

this is what their their original game Starfighter started out as, but after failing to achieve escape velocity on Kickstarter, they went back to the drawing board and here we are!

call to fame? realistic physics...very similar to The Expanse.

FreeKnight

If the single player aspect is half decent I'm interested. I'm particularly keen on the idea of a space sim that's a little more accurate to physics and multiple planes of movement rather than just 'planes in space'. I'll hold off for reviews though.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Free playtest happening now, from my email from Impeller Studios:

For a limited time, anybody with Steam can now play the game. Please make sure to wishlist the game and then look for the button that says “Play the In The Black Playtest” now and you will be able to play the newest version with everybody!

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I can totally see just how awesome / amazing a VR with force feedback could be for an environment like this. it's totally 3D and you don't have inertial dampeners like Star Trek (and I assume Star Wars cause of their 'artificial' gravity tech) do so they can fly around like they're in an atmosphere. so an instant flip 180 degrees would be disorienting, etc.

Latest posts