What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD CPU issue *Update*

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Hi all was going suprise community with a sick new build but it turns out the cpu wouldn't physically fit in the socket yet the old 3400G has no issues.

Upon trying to align it 2 pins were sheared off and 4 others bent what would cause a 5900x to not fit in a AM4 socket?

Should I take a magnet to the socket to see if pins are stuck inside? Or hold it upside down and use a toothbrush with iso 99% to see if that helps?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Hi all was going suprise community with a sick new build but it turns out the cpu wouldn't physically fit in the socket yet the old 3400G has no issues.

Upon trying to align it 2 pins were sheared off and 4 others bent what would cause a 5900x to not fit in a AM4 socket?

Should I take a magnet to the socket to see if pins are stuck inside? Or hold it upside down and use a toothbrush with iso 99% to see if that helps?
Nothing would cause this other than putting it in the wrong way.

djbrad

Hummm unless you tried to insert it without putting the yellow arrow at the good place, pins could have been bent already.

I don't see any other reason.

Somebody will surely give you a good advice for the next steps, as I never got this situation.

gingerbee

I hate to say it but I would bet you aligned it wrong. With the am4 socket, some of the marks for alignment are really hard to see or sometimes impossible to see. its the only reason it wouldn't align

Shadowarez

Folding Team
That's what I thought but it was perfect when I first put this cpu in.

I put it in my dark hero when the 5950x died. It worked in the old benchmark rig. I'll be extremely careful with next one coming it if it doesn't slide in I'll send back and accept the board will only accept the 3400g

gingerbee

This is not a new CPU this is one you have owned for a bit of time and used already, I would love to see pics if you are up to it cause this makes no sense besides what I was saying that the newer AM4 sockets its really hard to tell sometimes, hell even I have had to double take a few times to make sure the way I am putting it is the Right way.

djbrad

I must admit, I had the same doubt with my 5700g recently : had to look a video to double check the right way to install it.

In my memories, I had no such hesitation with intel 775 and 1151.

Latest posts