What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

difference between a 5600G and a 5600x cpu?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
/Thread locked. Friendly wins !

Jokes aside, the X also has a higher boost clock and TDP, but a lower base clock. Seems to be about a 6% performance uplift overall.

Shadowmeph

ok cool I knew about the integrated graphics I didnt know about the clock boost. ok now is the TPD meaning the heat created if so wouldn't it run hotter.
I am asking this because I noticed 30+ cad difference in prices

moocow

I think the 5600X is a monolithic die vs chiplet. Performance wise, it's slower than the 5600X productivity tasks and gaming w/ a dGPU. A spot check of the Asus X570 Aorus Elite spec page show that you are cap at PCI-E 3rd gen if you are using the 5K G series vs 4th gen with a the X. Also note the older APU will cut the PCI-E x16 to x8 speed. Not sure if it's CPU specific or apply to just that board tho.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I think the 5600X is a monolithic die vs chiplet. Performance wise, it's slower than the 5600X productivity tasks and gaming w/ a dGPU. A spot check of the Asus X570 Aorus Elite spec page show that you are cap at PCI-E 3rd gen if you are using the 5K G series vs 4th gen with a the X. Also note the older APU will cut the PCI-E x16 to x8 speed. Not sure if it's CPU specific or apply to just that board tho.

I had forgotten about this, but yes, all G series 5xxx chips are PCIE3 limited, regardless of board.

Bond007

X also has more cache, which is part of the reason it is faster.

I you are going discrete graphics then I would recommend the X.

Shadowmeph

wow so now I am a little confused with the MBs, some are shows slow memory clock speeds while others are saying fairly high memory speeds what is al l that about?
I just want to build something that is half decent for gaming and some multitasking occasional messing with converting Videos ( I can think my mind is tires just got home from work lol) using 5600x and use my old rx480 8gb until gpu prices come down if at all

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Official AMD supported speeds (based of chipset) and unofficial motherboard 'overclock' speeds.

djbrad

Any B550 motherboard that fits your needs should be ok in your case.

I am currently using a B550I AORUS PRO AX, lot of handbrake conversions with ddr4-3600, no problems.