What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HDR1000 HDMI 2.1 1MS monitors?

Solace

So far the only one monitor to exist meeting this requirement and has positive reviews is,
Gigabyte AORUS FC43U

There are few others with HDMI 2.1 and being an IPS panel but have lower HDR ratings and the reviews are meh. They also cost more using older tech instead of newer. Curious if I'm missing any monitors with hdmi 2.1 and HDR1000 rating with a low response time.

Bonus if curved
Bonus is IPS
Any size is fine, most are 27inch+
Ideally HDR1000 as HDR400 is a joke for monitors and HDR600 is kinda meh

Likely I need to wait until the mini/micro LED releases hit this year.

Last edited:

blufiggs

I don't expect any good HDR1000 HDMI2.1 1ms monitors that are actually affordable to hit the shelves until december at least... Honestly you'd be better off just buying a TV if you can't wait.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I don't expect any good HDR1000 HDMI2.1 1ms monitors that are actually affordable to hit the shelves until december at least... Honestly you'd be better off just buying a TV if you can't wait.
I don't expect anything to be 'affordable' for a long time, especially now with the silicon shortage. every tech industry is being devastated by it and monitors are a big one. there are literally no options for touch displays now but for old open frame stock or the ginormous screens nobody busy enmasse.

Solace

Shortage is expected to end q2 2022

Affordability is mainly the key aspect here. I did find some other 1ms 144hz IPS HDMI 2.1 panels based on miniled tech however they are 3-6k. I might as well buy another fing TV that is 55-65inches and throw that up instead. The monitor listed here is pretty much the only one that fits the bill for an acceptable price tag. I'm only skeptical about the amount of dimming zones and will probably wait until mid 2022 to spend 1-2k on a proper miniled monitor as competition will drop prices next year.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
tried lookin up the main site for these guys they have mini led and adaptive mini led on the horizon so maybe the next way of panels used by all the company's will include these.

Gman109

Ditto on what others said. I have a 1000n 27" Asus PG27UQ, it's the oldest 4k monitor I have in fact, and it's not HDMI 2.1, just 2.0. Probably one of the best 4k gaming monitors out there still IMO.

LG makes a really good 4k as well, their Ultragear 27" 4k 144hz unit, but it's only 600nits, and also only has the 2.0 HDMI. It's 1/2 the price of what the Asus UQ is/was though.

I don't think you've missed anything so far as your criteria, again, ditto to what others said, likely going to be a bit until both availability and reasonable cost meet.

Gman109

Solace

I failed to mention good HDR involves a sufficient amount of dimming zones,
this was released not too long ago and actually would be the ideal buy if HDR was not that bad despite being 1000nits according to most reviews.

I think I just wait for more mini led based displays to hit.

Latest posts