What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Valkyrie

started watch Sr Trek Discovery again , I always am a little Meh with that show and I cannot really put my finger on why but I cannot not watch it its like having a sweet tooth
Agree. It has it's moments. Any Trek is better than no Trek mostly. The bit about changing the Klingons into reptilians? or whatever was a bit much though.

sswilson

Staff member
Finally got around to watching the first episode of WoT and am definitely willing to give it some rope. Not completely true to the book(s), but the broad strokes are there and the tone feels right.

As far as Perrin killing his wife goes.... I don't remember the book(s) getting there in that particular fashion, but I do recall something about him "putting the axe on the wall" and renouncing violence.

As far as the magic goes.... yeah, fairly happy with that, magic in WoT (IIRC) was always a tangible thing (as opposed to LoTR where it's more behind the scenes).

And finally.... :) If Lan and Moraine bathing together wasn't in the book (I think it might have been), it was IMO implied that they were comfortable enough with each other that it wouldn't have been out of the question

Lysrin

Finally got around to watching the first episode of WoT and am definitely willing to give it some rope. Not completely true to the book(s), but the broad strokes are there and the tone feels right.

As far as Perrin killing his wife goes.... I don't remember the book(s) getting there in that particular fashion, but I do recall something about him "putting the axe on the wall" and renouncing violence.

As far as the magic goes.... yeah, fairly happy with that, magic in WoT (IIRC) was always a tangible thing (as opposed to LoTR where it's more behind the scenes).

And finally.... :) If Lan and Moraine bathing together wasn't in the book (I think it might have been), it was IMO implied that they were comfortable enough with each other that it wouldn't have been out of the question
More about WoT
I'm all caught up on the episodes now, and there are definitely things I like. Tried to set aside my original consternation with the changes and just watch it as is because frankly there aren't that many good fantasy shows to watch. They definitely are playing up the sexual aspects of the Aes Sedai and Warder relationships. Personally I'm not a fan of that direction. There isn't anything wrong with them "expanding" that as an idea. I just don't like it. Personal opinion. But episode 4 was really quite good I thought.

Lysrin

The spoiler function is awesome but I have to come back to old thread posts here over and over because I haven't watched all the stuff! lol Haven't seen the new Bond movie yet but absolutely on my soon-watch list.

Latest posts