What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A new AMD CPU comes in quietly

Eagle Eye

Regardless I still think AMD quads should be sub 200 at this point and time. Its nice to see that they are releasing something clearly more efficient maybe they had too many motherboards starting on fire with the first version.

bojangles

Slow down AMD. I admire the fact that they're making all these revisions, but they are wasting money in R&D when it could go more towards their next generation of processors. I don't like the fact how their graphics department is their way of paying off their debt.

Tazer-[X]

Well, in reality, we dont know what their R and D is really up to yet. Unless we have a canuck with inside knolwedge here :) And besides, I think its a little early to decide. They do make chips that are excellent for a server environment right now.

cwestwell

Slow down AMD. I admire the fact that they're making all these revisions, but they are wasting money in R&D when it could go more towards their next generation of processors. I don't like the fact how their graphics department is their way of paying off their debt.

Actually their graphics dept is a major reason for their debt...they are still Paying for the purchase of ATI only more recently has ATI actually started making them money...and yes helping them pay the bills.