What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone here been a victim of brushing?

ipaine

All I got out of this article is that other people are getting free crap. Why not send me free crap? I like mail when it doesn't cost me anything.

As for the "scam" part I mean I get it and we all rely on the amazon ratings at least a bit, but I can't say I've been burnt by them.

sswilson

Staff member
All I got out of this article is that other people are getting free crap. Why not send me free crap? I like mail when it doesn't cost me anything.

As for the "scam" part I mean I get it and we all rely on the amazon ratings at least a bit, but I can't say I've been burnt by them.

I tend to pay a lot more attention to the bad reviews than I do the good ones. Those can often point to systemic and/or QC issues. (Keeping in mind that seeing 10 bad reviews on a product that's sold 10K+ units is more about sales volume than an obvious problem).

belgolas

Never got free crap. I have ordered an electric scooter and a couple months later got a second one just show up. I did the right thing and returned it even though I think under our laws I don't think I would have needed to. Their customer services was a bit of a pain and it took several emails to get a return shipping label.

proxy

Yeah, heard about this a few years ago when COVID started flaring up. Not seen it myself personally, but read enough anecdotes about it.

I could really use a motion activated toilet seat light too....

proxy

Never happened to me but seem to be less serious than these kind of unwanted goods showing up at your door.

Okay, this is just insane. Preying on the goodwill of peeps.

The Power of Hanging Up is real everyone.

moocow

That's why I still have a landline with Telus with call protection on. All robo call auto dies when trying to connect to my line.

proxy

That's why I still have a landline with Telus with call protection on. All robo call auto dies when trying to connect to my line.
What happens if it's a IP phone spoofing landlines?

moocow

The Telus service prompts a human input so even if it's robo call from an IP phone, it will refuse to connect. Unless the scammer build an AI to parse the prompt and then punch it correctly, I get none of those calls.

Latest posts