• Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!
SKYMTL
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi skymtl, I just wanted to mention that Ryan Smith actually did fall for that nvidia trick of using the 460 ftw vs the 6870/50. At the time, I was very disappointed in Anandtech. I was impressed that you guys didn't fall for that crap, and I've liked your site very much ever since. Please keep up the good writing/reviews!
    I hope you dont mind I am a complete novice, I saw your review of Noctua NF-P12 can these be used with Antec KUHLER H2O 920 as quieter replacement fans
    RE:
    F@H Core 16: Taking AMD GPU Folding to the Next Level?

Are there any further updates to AMD HD6000 folding @ home progress. I am considering upgrading from my GTX460 which is a great folder to an HD6950 for higher gaming performance but am worried about my folding PPD. My mother has Alzheimers .. I have over 5,000,000 points now and don't want to slow down from my 14,000 PPD too drastically.
    Having read both of your (Hardware Canucks) reviews of the Samsung LN-55C650 & the UN-46C6500, I was a little surprised to see that the preference seems to be leaning towards the Samsung LN-55C650.
    Perhaps I've been fooled by the marketing but I thought that the newer LED technology was supposed to have provided just about better everything (colour, whites, blacks, contrast etc...).
    I've spent a lot of time looking at these two HDTV's as well as others and given the 'out of the box' store settings, I end up being forced to rely on professional reviews with carefully calibrated settings to know what these TV's are actually capable of. Given that, would my understanding of your reviews be correct, that the LN-55C650 would be the better choice?
    And if perhaps I could throw two others in to the mix that I enjoyed (in their over-saturated glory): the Sharp LC46LE810 and the LG 47LE5300.
    Would either of these win your favour over the 2 Sammy's?
    Your opinion is very appreciated!
    On December 1st 2008 (2 years ago) you wrote to me:

I have something which may work wonders for you. Our least popular reviews here usually receive around 100,000 hits over the course of a month. I would be able to set up a review of your product to increase not only awareness in it but also increase people's knowledge about this area of the industry and what it can do for them.

What would it cost you?

Nothing. I would just ask you to provide your software to one of my reviewers free of charge.

We here at HWC want to support grass-roots developers and manufacturers so we are more than willing to put your name out there. Dedication and hard work are what this industry USED to be about and it is high time the little guys got their time in the spotlight as well.

Let me know.

--------------------------------------------

I'd like to pick you up on that. You can get the program for free at www.ipsneak.net
    hey man, it's f4te from the ncix forums
    when i created this account i put a weird f character for some reason- could you either change it or delete this accnt so i can re-register?

Thanks man
    Hi SKYMTL, I read your fantastic review of the eVGA GTX 460 1gb External Exhaust and I just had a question regarding as to how loud the fan was. I was waiting for the 1gb version from eVGA only to read about posts as to it being really loud. I currently have an XFX 8800 GT, what's the noise level of the eVGA EE compared to the 8800 GT?

Thanks
    In the process of buying a new video card. Need help not sure which to buy Nvidia (EVGA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB SuperClocked) or ATI (Sapphire Vapor-X ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 (Overclock Game Edition)). Have about $450 to spend and I really play COD (all versions) and BFBC2. I would like a good card that will last me a while and be able to play the upcoming versions of the games I mentioned. Please help!
    P.S. If you know of a better card then the two suggested above please let me know.

Many thanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest posts