What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

1/2TB SSD Purchase... Black Friday?

Caldezar

I'm looking for a 1 or 2TB SATA SSD to use as game storage in an external USB3 case for my XBOX One X. I don't game much, but the load times on XBOX are frustrating. I did some digging, and an external SSD seems to make a pretty huge difference. (Swapping the primary drive is apparently a gong show for the XBOX due to proprietary formatting, possible banning of your XBOX account, etc.) So I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a drive.

Does anyone have a line on any Black Friday, or other, sale for a decent SATA SSD? My one ask is no ADATA as I've had horrible experience with them in the past.

Caldezar

It needs to be a SATA drive, not NVMe. The interface is via USB 3, which makes an NVMe drive + adapter a complete waste.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I will also support the MX500. It should be able to be had for a smoking deal in the coming days.

I have never gone wrong with Crucial.

Sorry to hear that you've had bad experience with ADATA. I've loved their NVME Drives. Never an issue luckily. But I guess most technology is like that. I am sure somewhere out there someone is saying "Goddamn you Crucial!!!".

-ST

Latest posts