What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

1/4 BSPP taps...

BrainEater

Ok you serious watercooling guys.
I am looking for a 1/4 BSPP tap to thread holes in some stuff I'm making.
(1/4 BSPP is the actual thread designation for g1/4 watercooling fittings.)

I do have a couple leads, but I'm curious if anyone here has sourced one.

:thumb:

sswilson

Staff member
I sourced both the tap and the bit quite a few years ago from across the pond through alibaba. Unfortunately those links are no longer valid...

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...4&orderId=61731740997366&productId=1631892174

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...4&orderId=61731741007366&productId=1751470847

NA sources were turning up empty, but what I did was find an overseas aliexpress storefront with the stock I wanted who also had a NA storefront. Still had to order from the overseas one, but the fact they had an NA one made me feel better about my chances of it actually arriving.

That said.... if you don't want to wait for the slow boat, and you're willing to cover shipping I'd be willing to loan you my set.

edit: Ninja'd..........

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Alternatively, being a British standard there are probably a ton(ne) of places to source them from in England. Perhaps UK eBay or amazon?

BrainEater

I knew you would lowfat !!!!

:haha:

I was hoping not to have to order it.....but yea , people just look at me funny when I say BSPP thread here in Calgary....

I'll order one....
Thanks guys !!

BrainEater

Quick bonus for you guys :
I just bought a 250 amp watercooled TIG torch !
oooooohhhh baby.

sswilson

Staff member
Just realised the links I provided only work if I'm signed in.... this was my order on the off chance the specific wording is of any use (or the companies they came from)

G 1_4.JPG

BrainEater

Taps are on the way.(locally ordered.)

I'm going to try test threads with both 15/32 and 29/64ths drillbits, the 29/64 one being the recommended bit.