What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

1070 given odd issues, please help

Okisk

My fans on my evga 1070 ftw kept runnng fill speed till I replaced the thermal paste on the die...which fixed my issue, good luck!

Coach

Thank you for the replies, however I did mention that my issues are taking place when there is no load on the GPU you. Call me crazy but as Sagath mentioned that should eliminate PSU issues never mind overheating issues.

Concerning the PSU, currently the one used is an AX860. In the other rigs I tried the 1070 in, they used an AX760i and an EVGA 750 G3.

I wish I could RMA the card but AFAIK it is now too old. I am trying to contact the friend I bought the card from to see if he can help me out. It was to be a working card.

Last edited:

Coach

I dont think there is a way to stop nVidia cards from downclocking and downvolting when not in use to see if that stops the issues. I'd probably just write the card off personally.

it seems you are correct. There seems to be little to no bios modding for Pascal cards either :(

Shadowarez

Folding Team
well i had a similar issue with my Inno3d 1070ti x4
id had bought from ebay first thing i did when i seen these i tore down the cooler used 99% iso.

the die had tim as hard as chalk, the thermal pads were black/dark grey, i used fuji extreme 1.5m thick pads on all the vram and other parts. temps were at bout 90-100c after the cleaning 45-60 under full load for hours.

iv even had to revive a Titan. if you end up ditching the card lemme know i maybe able to save it.

clshades

It's the most logical starting point, to check the cooling. It could be just one part not getting the right cooling and bam. If you don't want to start there, abandon ship and get a new card.

Coach

It's the most logical starting point, to check the cooling. It could be just one part not getting the right cooling and bam. If you don't want to start there, abandon ship and get a new card.

I agree that would make sense if temps were abnormal. Seeing as temps are normal under highest gaming loads and my issues are happening when NOT gaming, rather during running desktop apps and watching movies I must admit, my logic is differs from yours. Is it possible that there is a cooling issue that does not result in bad temps and causes issues at idle and or next to idle??? I do not know

clshades

I agree that would make sense if temps were abnormal. Seeing as temps are normal under highest gaming loads and my issues are happening when NOT gaming, rather during running desktop apps and watching movies I must admit, my logic is differs from yours. Is it possible that there is a cooling issue that does not result in bad temps and causes issues at idle and or next to idle??? I do not know

Are the temps recording correctly though? I've had bad sensors in the past.