What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

1080p 144hz over HDMI -> DVI adapter

Solace

Anyone tried this in the past, I have a cable on order but supposedly you need an active adapter which I'm fairly certain is a load of BS as the GPU is responsible for sending the signal and monitor decoding the packets. At worst I might have to force 144hz over 1080p somehow but I cannot see this being impossible. The adapter comes in a few days to fiddle with but I figure to ask. I have on older benq model which is freaking good compared to half the stuff released this day and dropping 500$ on a new monitor that is not hdmi 2.1 ready would be plain stupid.

Issue is the monitor supports 144hz over DVI but has a hdmi 1.2 port, goal is to mash 144hz over the dvi interface.

Source/Cable support HDMI 2.0+

Solace

nope, cancelled it to save time, the pinouts for DVI vs hdmi/dvi differ and need additional wiring to actually work past 60hz. guess i'm using my TV until a real hdmi 2.1 monitor comes out at sub 1k price tags. even the newer ones from acer are not supposedly not even real 2.1 ports and using compression.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter