What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

10900F on MSI B560 Torpedo

Apathetik

This B560 Torpedo motherboard is available locally at Memory Express for a great price. I am wondering if it has sufficient power limit support, or can remove PL all together and run without a limit, while having a good enough heatsink to cool a 10900F (10c/20t) at high clock speeds. Or, will my clock speeds suffer and be too low and I might be better off with a 10700F? I will also be running Crucial CL16 3600mhz ram. I do not need gen4(pci-e 4.0) ssd support either.

I already have a Kraken X41 140mm AIO cooler for it, and a good airflow case (Corsair Air 540)

Thank you.

gingerbee

says it supports up to an I9 CPU and it says online that is a 12+1+1 power phase so should be pretty good.

I don't follow much of intel lately so not 100% sure on the power demand of that chip as long as the board has no problems powering it you should be good and looks like decent MOSFET cooling so seem's pretty good, I am not a fan of MSI since I had a few failers but I do love there board features sets.

Bond007

I (and most people) will be in the same situation as gingerbee, and recommending and following amd for the last little while.

That board seems fine, but I am not really following them.
A 140mm AIO will not handle a current gen intel i7/9 cpu with the power restrictions removed (they are >200watts like that).

What are you doing with the PC?

Apathetik

says it supports up to an I9 CPU and it says online that is a 12+1+1 power phase so should be pretty good.

I don't follow much of intel lately so not 100% sure on the power demand of that chip as long as the board has no problems powering it you should be good and looks like decent MOSFET cooling so seem's pretty good, I am not a fan of MSI since I had a few failers but I do love there board features sets.
Ok ty for the explanations and taking a look at it. I don't know anything about VRM or phases, so I appreciate the insight from people more experienced.

I (and most people) will be in the same situation as gingerbee, and recommending and following amd for the last little while.

That board seems fine, but I am not really following them.
A 140mm AIO will not handle a current gen intel i7/9 cpu with the power restrictions removed (they are >200watts like that).

What are you doing with the PC?
Hey thanks for the feedback. I can always tack on a different cpu cooler then if that one is not strong enough. It's quite dated anyways and probably ready to be retired. The PC will be used for gaming, video editing and photoshop work. A big part of wanting to go Intel was to reuse the cooler and save $100+, but if its too weak for those power levels for a newer i7/i9, then I probably should just go AMD 5800x or 3700x. I'm gaming at 1440p, not 1080p as well.

Latest posts

Twitter