What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

1156 Evga p55 FTW Socket Burn (Foxconn Socket)

Myst88

2iaeno4.jpg

wqvm9.jpg

Happened just today, was using an i5-750, everything was stock settings (deafult BIOS settings, had used clear CMOS). This was a second hand board, purchased roughly a year ago?

Thanks Foxconn.

Myst88

so it killed the cpu too?

hope warranty goes tru? :)

Nope, I'm pretty much screwed. From what I can tell the seller never registered the motherboard with evga because when I call they say it's not listed, so he just flat out lied it seems. I'm waiting on an e-mail response from him. The chip was from an OEM Dell so that's no good either.

However, the chip is alive although not well. CPU-Z shows it running at just under 1200 Mhz with a bus speed of 133.0 Mhz and a 9x multiplier.

zsamz_

clean the cpu pads make sure none are touching

you outa luck even if you registered it
evga wont cover socket burn

glad i got a lotess sofket

_dangtx_

Banned
damn. thats not good.

remind me plz how you tell if you got one socket or the other? before you buy the board(looking up a review sample may snot mean much)

Myst88

damn. thats not good.

remind me plz how you tell if you got one socket or the other? before you buy the board(looking up a review sample may snot mean much)

Why wouldn't they RMA it, that's pure bullshit. It's 100% a manufacturer error, I didn't even try to overclock.

_dangtx_

Banned
post in there forums and see what gives, maybe they'll take pity on there pubic image? :)

crazyhorsejohnny

That's what happens buying used sometimes. I have a buddy that gets burned (oops sorry) alot yet he keeps getting used hardware.

zsamz_

Why wouldn't they RMA it, that's pure bullshit. It's 100% a manufacturer error, I didn't even try to overclock.

if they are nice they will charge $ to change the socket:whistle:
guy i knew same thing happened with his classy they charged him 100$

Latest posts