What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

12″ (30cm) DarkSide CONNECT Dimmable Rigid LED Strip – UV Rev4.1 Query

rjbarker

Sorry guys for some reason I cant seem to be able to copy n paste the link to thie Daz Product:

12″ (30cm) DarkSide CONNECT Dimmable Rigid LED Strip – UV Rev4.1

Heres the link to the page:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product-category/lights/

Which power connector would be most suitable?

I want to get this for my case, but realized its not RGB (Red Green Blue) obviously as its UV ..which is what I want....a UV LED Strip.....there are ton of options for what type of connector....guess plugging it into one of my RGB Headers wont work ...?
....I dont want a Molex Connector...there is an option for PWM Pass thru...or just PWM (4 Pin) or 3 pin Fan Header......can i get this with PWM 4 pin and simply plug it into one of my headers on my board?
What exactly does "pass thru" mean....?....I assuming it means you can plug something else into the PWM connector?
I just want to be able to plug this driectly into my Mobo header if possible...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
3-pin fan or PWM should be fine, pass through I'd imagine has another "tail" so you can still plug in a fan too.

Ultimately, I think it just needs 12V of power.

dustin1706

I just bought a couple for my current build. Any 12v source works, I just checked and each 12" section draws 1.68w, most fan headers are rated for ~ 12w.

I have mine plugged into a fan header on an Aquaero, but any mobo fan header will be fine. Whether to get 3 or 4 pin and passthrough or standard will just depend on whether you will need to plug any fans into the same header as the light. 4-pin pass through would give you the most options.

SCANNERMAN

LED LIGHT STRIPS DO THE JOB

One strip for the wife. One for my daughter. My other daughter's is red, no RGB, and no remote. It is powered via fan header on a fan controller so she has her own dimmer switch in effect. They come with remotes now for less than 20 bux Canadian. :thumb:

Attachments

Latest posts

Twitter