What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

12pin RTX Cable extension question.

r0k0

Folding Team
Soooooo i got a 3080ti FE but i got the ugly 12pin extension from them haha

so i am looking on amazon for the 12pin extension and only found 2 ??? so in the pictures they show its only 2x 8pin but only 6pin wired !

anyone know if this would work because not all 8wires would be connected

lowfat

Staff member
Well the connector only has 12 pins. Doing a 12 pin to dual 8's ain't going to benefit anything. So it will be perfectly fine.

But I'd be worried about the actual wire diameter. When these cards came out I bought microfit connectors to see if I could sleeve them. And it wasn't possible unless I used 20AWG wire, even w/ the smallest sleeving I owned.

r0k0

Folding Team
the 12pin to 2x8pin from nvidia is this way, was just curious cause i have 8pin to 2x8pin splitters with only 6pin coming out and the gpu wont boot since its missing the 2 extra grounds in the 8pin.

the one i have getting is a 18awg, its already pre-sleeved so im not worried about that. im currently stuck with the awful nvidia splitter in front of the card which i am trying to hide

Latest posts