What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

13 inch rMBP Apple care worth it?

sweenytodd

I've had my early 2015 13" rMBP for 9 months already and have three months left to buy an Apple care warranty. Is it still worth it to get that knowing that I have two more years in school? Money is really not an issue since I saved a lot for buying used books instead of new. Thanks in advance.

lowfat

Staff member
AFAIK Apple doesn't do a flat rate repair on the MBPs. If you ever had any issues w/ the logic board or display it could be a $1000 repair bill. I got burned on my old MBP as I didn't buy the warranty and ended up having display issues. Ended up selling it for a huge loss.

Tyrann

My wife has a 2014 rMBP and so do 2 of my cousins and one of my aunts, so far none of them have had any issues. They all have Apple care cause they basically got it for free during back to school promo which gave them a $150 apple card or something like that. They seem pretty reliable. Make sure to keep it cool and clean and in a nice case for travel and it should be fine.

MARSTG

No, if you have issues with it just get a regular laptop and hackintosh it!

sweenytodd

Thanks for the responses. At the moment I don't have any issues with it. It performs like when I first opened the box. I'll probably wait couple more months to see what this thing is capable of.