What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

$1300 gaming build

Opeqa16x

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.

Gaming and other general purpose tasks

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread

In the title

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

Canada (from NCIX)

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.

I've searched, I just can't come to a good decision on what to get

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

Overclocking

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?

After I buy it and it arrives at my house

9. What resolution do you use?

I will be using 1920x1080

-------------
So basically, I'm looking for a general purpose/gaming computer for $1300 which will include a 1920x1080p monitor. If possible, I'd also like to somehow fit a small SSD in here and I wouldn't mind bumping my budget up maybe $100-$200 for it (or the monitor) if necessary. (Though I'd prefer not to)

Suggestions would be great

_dangtx_

Banned
since you have a 1300 dollar cap, maybe ab i3 530 on an 150$ giga p55 board,gtx 460 1gb in sli,40gb ssd of your choice(kingston can be had real cheap) ,samsung 24inch lcd? case wise not sure what you like, psu wise look into corsair 600-700 watter or more if you plan to get heavier in the gpu department

although waiting a little bit would be beneficial,at least gpu wise. ati is supposed to slam some performing parts down to us from gpu heaven pretty soon

Opeqa16x

since you have a 1300 dollar cap, maybe ab i3 530 on an 150$ giga p55 board,gtx 460 1gb in sli,40gb ssd of your choice(kingston can be had real cheap) ,samsung 24inch lcd? case wise not sure what you like, psu wise look into corsair 600-700 watter or more if you plan to get heavier in the gpu department

although waiting a little bit would be beneficial,at least gpu wise. ati is supposed to slam some performing parts down to us from gpu heaven pretty soon

In regards to cpu and mobo: just know that idc whether it's AMD or Intel nor do I care about which make of gfx card. Also as long as the monitor supports 1920x1080p, is good and will last me a long time it doesn't bother me what size. Case wise I really would prefer to stay away from gaming cases with all of those stupid LED lights but if that's what's needed for the best airflow then I can bare with it. I'll probably get heavier in the GPU department later, but for right now I don't really care that much. Just want a card (or cards) that will last me for a good while.

_dangtx_

Banned
i didnt mention amd(980a chipset boards or 750i sli on the cheap) because you mentioned ssd, intel gets better numbers out of ssds, although you may or may notice it. also the whole 'trim we dont do well' doesnt sit well with some peeps :)

again, intel has cpus around the corner(value line seems buggered away from overclocking)

and ati..well amd sicne theyve put the nail in ati's coffin..name..thing is coming with radeon 6 series. some say nv is in a bad spot..well see ;)

to the reviewers under nda pressure? sorry for ya.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
Case: CM 690II Advanced - $85
PSU: OCZ ModXtream Pro 700W - $55 (OCZ haters be damned, this is a good PSU)
Mobo: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 - $135
CPU: i7 760 Quad 2.8Ghz - $205
RAM: Gskill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws 4GB DDR3-1600 - $93
Heatsink: CM 212+ - $22
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked EE 763Mhz 1024MB - $260
HDD (storage) : WD Black 1TB - $87

$942 + Tx (+15% tax = $1083)

The Extras:
Monitor: LG W2243T-PF 21.5IN Widescreen LCD Monitor - $140 (Sale Page NCIX)

SSD: OCZ Vertex2 E 60gig - $120 (sale page)

Final total = $1202 + Tax.
Boom. Headshot.

Only thing missing is OS (Win7 Home Premium $95) and your keyboard/mouse.

Edit: as for cases - if you don't like the 'gaming sort' than look at the Fractal Design R3 for about $100.

Latest posts