What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

$15 db-1 pumps!

S_G

$15 db-1 pumps, and other cheap water cooling parts on eBay.

I came across this by accident. Pretty sweet deal! It's US$15 + US$11 for shipping. Comes out to about CA$30.50 total.

Compact 12v Pump - (eBay.ca item 110387092541 end time 17-May-09 12:34:38 EDT)

Neat, this same guy has 220mm rads for $35. Which rad is that? It has a built-in fillport.

GPU block+heatsink for GTX 280/260s for $45.

A couple of 65 CFM Deltas for $8.

Also $25 D-Tek FuZions (with Pro-Mount) for LGA775.

JD

Staff member
Wow that's awesome.

You're tempting me to get that pump just because...

S_G

If anyone in Montreal wants one, let me know today. I'm buying a few pumps and maybe one of the rads. You could save on shipping.

death_hawk

Damn... $8 Deltas.
Not as high CFM as I would like, but these might work in more "noise sensitive" environments.

MpG

If that picture is right, that's actually a Fuzion V2 waterblock that he's selling.

S_G

I was asking around on XS about the rad, no one seems to know what it is. I was suggested a modified (with fillport) Koolance rad, also sold as Black Ice Extreme Lite in Europe. However, that's a copper/brass build. I asked the seller, and he said, "The long tubes between the fins are aluminum, fins are copper, and tanks are brass."

That doesn't seem to go along with the info on the Koolance site, so it would appear that this is an entirely different product. No idea what it is, but since the tubes are aluminium, I won't be getting one for fear of oxidation.

If that picture is right, that's actually a Fuzion V2 waterblock that he's selling.
Ah, you're right. I forgot that the V1 is a flat-top, whereas the V2 is curved. So, yep, FuZion V2 it is.

S_G

I contacted him concerning the possible discrepancy, and here is what he had to say:

Yes, they are Aluminum, brass copper. I have used these types of tanks extensivly and have never seen galvanic errosion. Just use a high quality glycol based coolant and your goood. I have attached a really bad photo of a radiator I damaged. Thanks.

Still quite a damn good deal, as long as you don't use just water as your coolant (an XS user suggested mixing in antifreeze). $35 for a double rad with a good amount of copper fins-per-inch AND a fillport built-in, so your loop wouldn't need a reservoir or even a tee line. I still want to get one just to try out. Might be a good idea to get some of those Deltas, as they're quite cheap.

Looks like the pumps and GPU blocks have sold out though.

MpG

Yeah, seriously, that construction makes no sense at all. The benefit of using aluminum is that you can attach aluminum fins directly to aluminum tubing to aluminum tanks, all quite easily and cheaply. Introducing more expensive metals that are harder to work with, makes no sense at all.

ChuckleBrother

Nice! How decent are these pumps? I'd be interested in one for a future chipset loop.

MpG

They're nice little pumps, and only pull 6W max (so powering off a fan header is no big deal), but they're just not suited for high-restriction loops. I actually ran my Maximus chipset loop on one of these and an MCR120, and they never broke a sweat. In my own experience, this is possibly the quietest common WC-ing pump available (with the possible exception of an MCP655 on setting 1), although you still need a piece of foam under it.

Latest posts