What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

$1500 case build, advice/suggestions needed

moxmonkey

yah ram was one of those things that I'm not sure of, the redlines seemed to be highly recomended by a lot of people but if anyone has suggestions for some good 6400's that would be great

Dashock

Em just my 2 cents the Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm 2000 rpm fan's to replace existing fan's for less noise might not be the best for a low noise application. Some might say you can put it on a fan control and make them less quiet but whats the point of that your then not getting the full benefit of the fan.

Get the Noctua Nf-p12s
Or i know some might not agree but the Thermaltake 120mm fans are also awesome as well verry quiet im still using the two that came with my Matrix case one blue one on the front of my hard drive cage and one cooling down my Video card. They add no noise to my application i run 6 Noctuas Nf-P12s and 2 Thermaltakes 1 Antec Spot cool and 1 Asus mini fan i must say the computer has gotten even more silent since i changed from my Asus A8n-sli deluxe it had a motherboard fan spinning at 6000 rpm which was the loudest thing in my computer lol i know wackkk.

Anyways if you cannn spend the money get sum Noctua;s if not the Thermaltakes or something more in that line i personally wanted silence or close to it and thats what i got i didnt mind spending the extra money but if your going watercooling i wanted to eliminate sound so to me this was the point of it.

Btw i use the Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb kit which i got for 130 with the 30 rebate comes to 100 i havent really clocked it to its full potential but i got it to 1055 but i dont think it will make a difference going so high im sure someone with more experience can elaborate on that.

moxmonkey

what about the slip stream kaze jyuni's? they got good reviews from the link posted earlier

also any suggestions for a good sata burner? Ideally i wanna get rid of IDE stuff so my lite-on can't come with me

updated list so far is as follows

CM690
620HX
E8400
EP45-DS4
BFG GTX 280 OC
WD 640
Vendetta 2 w/mounting

still deciding on
memory
case fans

Dashock

i use the new LG Sata Burner theres always one on sale this time i went with one without lightscribe as i dont reallly use that feature and its super fast when burning i too wanted to leave ide so thats what i choose.

Theres also the Zalman fans as well Captain Vortex was using a bunch i think theiir pretty cheap too.
NCIX.com - Buy Zalman ZM-F3 120MM Sleeve Bearing Case Fan Black 900/1800RPM 20/34DBA 3PIN Connector - ZM-F3 In Canada.
Skymtl gave his blessing on it their pretty cheap too.

The Noctuas might be too expensive at 18-20 dollars a pop.

misterd

I bought a Samsung burner cause it was cheap / black / sata - then i found out it rated well as a quiet burner. SPCReview or cdfreaks recommended, i forget.

tfran

If you want a longer warranty HD, seagate also does a 640 w/ 5 year warranty and it's pretty much the same price as the WD, 70-80 depending where you look.

Does using multiple cards bother you? Crossfire 4850's will last way longer than a 4870 at relatively the same price. And you're already getting a P45.

moxmonkey

Em just my 2 cents the Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm 2000 rpm fan's to replace existing fan's for less noise might not be the best for a low noise application. Some might say you can put it on a fan control and make them less quiet but whats the point of that your then not getting the full benefit of the fan.

Get the Noctua Nf-p12s
Or i know some might not agree but the Thermaltake 120mm fans are also awesome as well verry quiet im still using the two that came with my Matrix case one blue one on the front of my hard drive cage and one cooling down my Video card. They add no noise to my application i run 6 Noctuas Nf-P12s and 2 Thermaltakes 1 Antec Spot cool and 1 Asus mini fan i must say the computer has gotten even more silent since i changed from my Asus A8n-sli deluxe it had a motherboard fan spinning at 6000 rpm which was the loudest thing in my computer lol i know wackkk.

Anyways if you cannn spend the money get sum Noctua;s if not the Thermaltakes or something more in that line i personally wanted silence or close to it and thats what i got i didnt mind spending the extra money but if your going watercooling i wanted to eliminate sound so to me this was the point of it.

Btw i use the Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb kit which i got for 130 with the 30 rebate comes to 100 i havent really clocked it to its full potential but i got it to 1055 but i dont think it will make a difference going so high im sure someone with more experience can elaborate on that.

the noctura's look nice but at twice the price of everything else I think i could live with a bit more noise to save some money

also would the vendetta 2 see any noticeable improvement from running 2x120s? maybe i'll get a pair of noctura's for that

Latest posts