What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

16 000 $ watercooled

matsta31

An what Watercooling parts they used ?

Nagicool and Koolance...

Somehow, I feel thoses two brands dont go with 16 000 $ PC... see for yourself .

http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/495-2-puget-systems-extreme.html

If Appolo comes and read this, I am sure he will say how great the new I7 Koolance block are, but still Magicool and koolance is not equal to high end in my mind.

On other note, I guess this is not a ''recent'' build, cause for the price you could almost (more or les 1-2 K,)get the new 6 cores Xeon.

cadaveca

Banned
Koolance has changed HUGELY in the past 6 months.

But...4 Quads? 32GB of ram? 6TB storage, plus RAID vraptors for OS? Overkill much?

MOst of that cost is the cpus...

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Hmmmm.... copycats.... I think my new project will be faster.... :ph34r::ph34r: But I cannot say more at this time, for I have sworn myself to secrecy. lol

MpG

If someone tried to feed me that watercooling system on a $16000 computer, I'd seriously stick his quote where the sun didn't shine.

cadaveca

Banned
You don't like the koolance blocks, MpG? I have to agree with you on the complete solution...looks like crap, IMHO, but $1500 in HDD, $4000 in ram(assuming it's ECC, maybe more), cpus are, what, $2k a peice? 4-way board? VGAs? the cooling is a small part of that cost...

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Hold on....$16,000? IMO, pop in a pair of custom plumbed CoolIT Boreas units and you are good to go with ultra low temperatures which are more befitting of a $16,000 system...

cadaveca

Banned
Heh. Obviously you're judgement on part picks is a fair bit better than most...I completely forgot about CoolIT...that would have been perfect, IMHO...and the box would have been FAR cleaner...

MpG

You don't like the koolance blocks, MpG? I have to agree with you on the complete solution...looks like crap, IMHO, but $1500 in HDD, $4000 in ram(assuming it's ECC, maybe more), cpus are, what, $2k a peice? 4-way board? VGAs? the cooling is a small part of that cost...
Meh, I'm not an authority on that kind of computing hardware - one CPU and non-ECC RAM's always been enough for me :biggrin: - so the price may actually be fairly reasonable. But the watercooling hardware is all mediocre at best, and downright laughable if that computer's duties fall under the 'mission critical' heading. It's like buying a Bentley, and checking the option box for "giant fiberglass spoiler".

Honestly, Koolance has come out with some solid items lately, but their CPU-340 blocks sure weren't one of them. That Magicool rad is second-rate in both restriction and performance, the pump would have been weak under full steam with those four CPU blocks (nevermind the reduced setting they used), and it would have been child's play to cool four 75W CPU's with a single triple rad and undervolted fans. If they were just worried about making it look pretty, fine, but the rad mounting looks pretty tacky, regardless of actual workmanship.

cadaveca

Banned
Hey, I completely agree, don't know much about the koolance blocks, myself, but Ido see alot of thier other parts are starting to compare with what some of the other companies are offering...and yeah, for $16k, I'd tell them to take it back and build a real system...and then never go there ever again...

Latest posts