What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

17cm X 17cm S754 Mobo

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
The only trouble I see is it's getting extremely hard to find S754 cpu's anymore.

This would be a good base for a NAS box that i'm thinking of building.:)

sswilson

Staff member
I'm still running two computers with 3100 semprons. Probably leave the 6100 chipset machine in one piece, but I've got a MSI nF4 board running an AGP card through their AGR slot (scaled down AGP on a Pcie board) that I wouldn't mind replacing when I upgrade to an Opty and give my young lad my 3700.

I'm thinking it would be neat just to randomly pick some piece of old electronics (got a couple of old vcrs kicking around) to mod into a case.

M

Misoprostol

Wow. That motherboard is amazing. it'd be great for a low powered HT PC. You could almost stick it in one of those TVs with a built in DVD drive or something. Rig up some heatpipes for the CPU... that'd be a fun project. haha.

G

Or rig it up ina car, buddy did that with a celly way cool IMO

M

Misoprostol

You could put one of these almost anywhere! You could mod it into an old CRT or something and make an iMAC! HAHA.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Or rig it up ina car, buddy did that with a celly way cool IMO

I contemplated doing that a while ago but after seeing my friend (who is alot more knowledgable with car audio than me) struggle with the setup I decided to pass. It was pretty cool when it worked though.:D

Latest posts

Twitter