What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2 Different Outputs

Zygote

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to output two different audio streams from your computer. Lets say I want music in my front headphone jacks, and a video in my main audio jack. A scenario I would do this is I would listen to music with headphones on while my girlfriend watches a video with the speakers...

Is this possible?

enaberif

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to output two different audio streams from your computer. Lets say I want music in my front headphone jacks, and a video in my main audio jack. A scenario I would do this is I would listen to music with headphones on while my girlfriend watches a video with the speakers...

Is this possible?

With 2 soundcards yes and even then the software would have to allow which audio device to output to.

G

With 2 soundcards yes and even then the software would have to allow which audio device to output to.
IIRC you can do it with just one Curt but as you say only if the software allows you to select the audio device. So you "should" be able to run vlc for video selecting the speakers as it's default audio output. And winamp for the headphone audio selecting headphones as the default output.