What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2 OS physical drives, swap partitions?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Is it possible to swap partitions from 2 different OS SSDs? Like this:

SSD1 (Intel 80Gb) is my lappy OS drive, W7 installed. Single partition on the disk.
SSD2 (Corsair F100) is my folding rig OS drive, Ubuntu installed. Single partition on the disk.

I'd like to have Ubuntu on the Intel SSD, and W7 on the Corsair SSD without loosing both installs. Can it be done? Which app? I have Acronis on hand if needed on a third rig (Data server).

supaflyx3

acronis will do it for you. just clone both drives, and copy over the cloned data to the other drive and vice versa.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Interesting, I'll check this out.

Though I caved in, and bought a Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 120 to replace the Intel SSD in the lappy...

chrisk

Folding Captain
I am also running Acronis on my lappy and main rig and have been wondering about moving to a new disk. I believe there are problems moving from a HDD to an SSD (Win 7 will continue to think its on a HDD) but I did not find much about SSD to SSD. Issues such as partition offsets, Trim commands, etc

Twitter