What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2010 Minimalist Aquascaping

Kayen

Not sure how many of you are into aquariums however i would like to showcase Iwagumi^3.
This is a neat project, and i would like to get your insight on the project:

For a little while now, me and a few friends have been working together on the development of a new project, one that emphasizes the spread of aquascaping as an art. Specifically the facet of the Minimalist Aquascape, meaning the adherence to the less is more philosophy of design. Thus far the road of development for this endeavor has been all encompassing in our outlook, going so far as designing our current apartments months ahead of time around the emphasis of the application of this design theory in an attempt to showcase the aquarium as a living and evolving facet of room decor and to further it's rightful recognition as an art.

The Name: Iwagumi^3 (Iwagumi Cubed)

The Goal: To foster and expand the Iwagumi and Minimalist movements in aquarium design.

The Medium: Fully comprehensive content provision that is wholly unique and never before seen to such scale in English via online and later, printed medium.

The Structure: Iwagumi^3 is a not for profit entity.

The Release: Tentative launch for iwagumicubed.com is scheduled for February 2010.

The Content: On release there will be no less than 20 unique articles, accompanied by photographs and possibly video detailing Iwagumi and Minimalist Aquascaping.

Due to such high popularity with our demographic tests with our 2009 beta concept booklet, we have decided to release it to the public for you to enjoy in it's original form, with the original photographs. Because the community is so important to us, we cherish any and all feedback and voluntary involvement.

Here's to hoping 2010 is a big year.

Respectfully,

-Francis X. Wazeter IV

As well here are a few more current shots released by the mastermind of the project:

All input and comments appreciated, and will be passed on the the project team.

MarkOne

Banned
My friend, those look like pics of the aquarium of my friend Yoshitaka , ( do you see the ADA , on the right bottom ) as in mainly all is tank, you have Glosostigma elatinoide , THE hardess plan to growI hope you have some experience and some cash to start something like this, just the lighting will cost you over $ 2k , we talk about halide here, and a lot of them , look how deep are the tank, the more deap the more watts. those are special tank sold by ADA, the Amano company. You will need also Co2 injection. How you plan to dose the fertilizer

Kayen

You're overcomplicating things.
I'm helping advertise the project, as well as you're overblowing hte costs here.

Those are smaller tanks.
The Ada Mini S , closer up is only $65 USD give or take, as well as halides are not that expensive, only if you buy ADA brand.
As well the pictures belong to the guy quoted , lol he's slowly growing them out, and has many more pics to say it's his.

CO2 injection is great, however can be costly, i've been trying to get a system of my own up for a long time.
The thing about iwagumi tanks is they all look the same.

OH and you're wrong it's not glosso, that plant is hemianthus caltri... spelling error.

Another edit: Glosso grows like crazy for me ? Hardest plant ? Heck no, harder plants to come by sir.

Last edited:

KeepSix

I've been into aquariums for over 30 years. Never seen the 'minimalist' approach before. Very dramatic!

:thumb:

Latest posts

Twitter