What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2011 IIHF World Junior Championship

thorn

IIRC before the tournament began they mentioned that goal tending might be an issue for Canada that and a somewhat slower d corps. At the very least the US didn't win gold, though it would have been nice if they didn't medal at all.

jergreen

Funny all the people making this seem like the undoing of Canadian hockey. IIRC this team wasn't favored to win this tournament. We lost to a very skilled Russina team in the gold medal after beating the tournament favorite Americans. No shame in that. Now if we had lost to the Americans.....

Eldonko

This tournament IS a big deal in Canada, more Canadians watched that game than the Superbowl or the Academy Awards. The only thing that had more viewers was the winter olympics. I enjoy the WJHC more than the WHC and watch every game every year. Losing is not as bad as the way Canada lost, with the worst collapse that I ever saw.

Regarding the Americans, I would have rather lost to them than the Russians. The US has won 2 golds in this tournament ever, Russia is right behind Canada's 15 with 13.