What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2012 Honda Civic

bigFOIG

My girlfriend's mom is looking for a sedan. She's thinking about the Honda Civic right now, and she prefers a new car. I'm trying to convince her to buy something used, but she doesn't trust used cars... :\

Well anyways, we went to the Honda dealership and the total price after everything is about 27,000 for new 2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't spend 27k on a Civic...

Found this on craigslist. 1200km, so basically a new car...

2012 HONDA EX CIVIC 1200KM

What's the difference from this and if we bought from Honda? 10k difference... Maybe no financing?

Civic are a darn good cars with just about the best resale out there. Be careful about "deals" on kijiji and craigslist when the price is too good to be true it's because it's a scam. Ask the seller where you can view the car and suddenly everything changes.

Arinoth

Staff member
I'm probably going to guess that that car is probably the demo model from/at a dealership, or there's something underlying, I'd ask for an official car history on it to be safe.

stoanee

Folding Team
Had a 2010, the only thing to watch is poor ground clearance. You really had to watch when pulling into parking spots with curbs and snow/ice ruts in the winter. 27K does seem high, we paid 22K new for ours (2010)

You can get the history of that car by paying a fee. I forget at the moment how much the fee is and where to get it done at, check at AMA or your local registries.

bigFOIG

And it comes with a 3 year warranty. Forgot to ask who it's warranted by.

Hmmm, since it's a 2012 car, shouldn't it still be under warranty from Honda? I think they have something like 3-5 year warranty? Or until 60k kilometers... or SOMETHING along those lines.

stoanee

Folding Team
Make sure you let it be known that the car will need an inspection by a reputable mechanic prior to finalizing any deal.

bigFOIG

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I hire a mechanic to check up the car for me and there's nothing wrong with it, paying the mechanic is WELL worth it if we save 10k.

enaberif

Auction cars are some of the worst. Go to ICBC and get a vehicle check done and see what it's status was and is. Auction cars can be a car that was written off and gave the title salvage and means it was fixed.

The hood on the one you posted looks screwed up.

But Civics new or used as long as they were treated well will always hold good value. Also look into Acuras as they are a upgrade from a Civic and also hold value well.

CroSsFiRe2009

I know next to nothing about cars but the bar running horizontally over the engine looks warped...or it's just a reflection

Latest posts