What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2013 Chimp Challenge Discussions: rules discussion ongoing now

BrainEater

Roger that.

Saturday April 13 . I'll have to double check the time .

Hell , I guesss I should double check the date too.Haha

:thumb:

Xeven

Ugh, I'm having a bout of bad luck. Ordered motherboards, check. Got an email motherboards (H8QGL-IF) that showed "in-stock" were actually out of stock. Talked to CS, nothing they could do so I got the next higher tier of the same motherboard (H8QGL-6F) which were in stock and back-ordered one. Got the motherboard next day, put in my cpus, ram and coolers. No DP3 light-up, DP1 pulses so I used IPMIView to power on the thing. Powers right up, check bios setting etc, installed Ubuntu 12.04, done. Powered down, to do something else (aka the wife). Came back, powered up, "POP!" and an SMT cap was blown. IPMI still pulsing, but cannot power up. Contacted SuperMicro about cross-shipping, no response yet, not sure if they will honor their warranty with the blown cap.

I also checked and one of the MOSFETS in zone II seems to have moved during reflow and is diagonally soldered (WTF) and source-gate is probably (partially) shorted. It's QFN/MLF/SON but I can fix that myself as well as replace the blown cap, but I don't want to mess with the warranty.

Not sure if I can make it guys, the only use I have for these chips/memory at the moment is to stack them side by side and make falling dominoes out of them... SOB! :doh:

Last edited:

MARSTG

I hard April 13th April 23rd. One thing I can`t get clear is , we no longer switch to a common username and passkey but fold on our real names, is that right?

Soullessone21

Roger that.

Saturday April 13 . I'll have to double check the time .

Hell , I guesss I should double check the date too.Haha

:thumb:

Okay so I gotta get my ass in gear and over to another HWC's so my second rig will be up and running. I will get you my GPU folding tower ASAP once the second rig is up and going.

It is not a powerhouse folder but it does have 2 good folding GPU's and a great CPU.

Would of had 2 more rigs but Donated my 1366 and my backup 775 rigs to forum members and their families.

Next year should be a little better as I think going from 6 rigs to two power houses will mean far better cards :D

stoanee

Folding Team
My SR2 may be offline, no points for 3 days now. Was in a hurry to get to work and connected it wirelessly. Shoulda strung out the cat6 cable.....:doh:

4DoorGTZ

Loaded up the newest [H] Oc'ing bios for my Supermicro 4x6176, so far so good with a 10% overlocks 2.53Ghzx48.

I got a couple days before I head out for work, might try for 15%

Latest posts