What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2080 Ti - Weird Gpu Power spike in Firestrike

sew333

Hello. My card on stock,no oc. Aorus Rtx 2080 Ti Wateforce Xtreme. Today i run firestrike and looking on msi afterburner. On some second gpu power drop for 1 second and clock ,look.

Here,gpu power 58% and clock 1575mhz for 1 second,but gpu load 96%:

Normal clock, 1980mhz:

Any ideas? Rest pc no oc. Psu is Corsair 850 RmX,9900K on stock. Why that happened?
GPU connected from 2 separate cables from PSU.
Never saw that in games etc. Today iccidentaly in firestrike for blink 1 second.

Lpfan4ever

Stop with this stuff again. Did your PC shut down or catch fire? No? Then it's fine.

sew333

I left Assassin Creed Oddysey for overnight ,check in morning gpu clocks and on 6:34 morning just for 1 second,clock dipp from 1995mhz to 1245mhz and power to 38% TDP. For 1ms .

Is this ok?

Lysrin

Wow sew333... I can't fault you for your attention to detail but you're way too concerned about the small stuff! A 1ms change in clock and power is nothing. The clocks and power consumption change all the time for any number of reasons for many components in a modern PC.

Close your logs, play your games, enjoy! :p

sew333

But somebody said this to me:"Yes, it's voltage instability from the input power source (230 VAC 50Hz). You need an Uninterruptible Power Supply. "

KaptCrunch

But somebody said this to me:"Yes, it's voltage instability from the input power source (230 VAC 50Hz). You need an Uninterruptible Power Supply. "
Your correct, for only get what you put in to get out.... A VR type UPS needed. Can you borrow 1 to test

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter