What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

21H1 update to windows 10 experiences

crazyea

I never install the cumulative update because it’s kind of a beta update. The full proper update will come out later.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Iv stopped using the regular windows 10 releases iv been on the Win AME for awhile iv never seen windows install so fast or be gutted this much the bloat is gone Game work features that pertain to the release installed work.

gingerbee

the way I tend to try and do things is updating my gaming/encoding rig before all the others to make sure it's all good, that didn't happen this time. but yes I do install everything, besides things like Bios updates and drivers. if it's windows it goes lol.
I do have one machine I use for testing that has a cut-down version of LTSB but it's not legit

Thanks, Shadow I have heard of win -AME but never looked into it. will be checking it out I assume you just treat it like a normal windows 10 for activation and stuff

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah but the install is super fast as well it'll take a bit of tinkering but once your done it is very very fast. iv tried debloating with scripts but this goes above and beyond.

djbrad

5 of my 6 pc updated ok to 21H1 :

2 old core2quad done manualy with windows upgrade assistant, took 1h
3 others via windows update, took 3 min max

My main 6700k system did an error in windows update when trying to install, and backtracked when done with windows upgrade assistant.

I suspect the june cumulative update broke something, I will simply wait for it to come back.

Edit :

And today after updating to the last nvidia driver (2 days newer than the one I had), the 21H1 update came back in windows update and installed without any problem.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Three of mine have updated without issue. Had to turn off the events mumbo-jumbo in the taskbar on all three.

Latest posts

Twitter