What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2x 7970's with waterblocks?

Killswitch

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in the forum for a looooooong time.
My interest in highend PC's has been reignited... and I'm looking to upgrade and dump some older hardware to fund some upgrades.
The first things I'd like to try and sell are two PowerColor 7970 reference design cards. I have full coverage EK waterblocks to go with them, however they are currently not installed.
What would they be worth?

Izerous

Folding Team
1080ti release date was around March 2017? That is when I sold my pair of 6990s with full coverage waterblocks, with 4 fittings and the factory coolers. Out of that I think i came close to covering the cost of the 1080ti's waterblock maybe $150ish at the time and they would be worth even less now after a couple years.

They would be at least somewhat comparable to a pair of 7970s. But really I have found older watercooled stuff doesn't attract a lot of attention. I think if you have dedicated liquid cooling the chances of looking for older hardware like that is not super common.

I see people asking $120 + for a single 7970 in factory condition but I really don't think they are necessarily worth that.

JD

Staff member
Yeah, people with custom water cooling loops have no interest in old cards. I usually just cycle them through my household and then put them in a box/on a shelf. I have a HD5870 and GTX580 doing exactly that currently.

I can't really see getting more than $100 for a 7970, but like any used sale, it's more about finding the buyer than the price.

Bond007

Agree with others. Probably $100 each. I doubt you would get extra for the blocks from most people. Probably sell the blocks separate...maybe throw them on eBay.

queenofparts

considering the great mining sell off rx470 480 570 4G cards are going for 100 i dont think those cards are worth 50 bucks each to be honest
no offence guys but geez that a dinosaur in tech today i recenetly purchased a pair of r9 280x cards for 40 bucks canadian each from kijiji

Latest posts