What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3 Mars II's

matt270avian

I was wondering something today as my mind often does. In theory, you could have 3 Mars II's in a single build, right? (2 in quad SLI, 1 as a dedicated PhysX). I know this would be complete overkill, but I was wondering if that was possible if someone could do a comparison between 3 or 4 setups. The first being the 3X Mars II's, the second being 3X EVGA GTX 590's in the same setup as the Mars II's, 2X Gigabyte 6990's, and a quad card setup. The motherboard I had in mind for all of this was the Asus P9X79WS. I know this would be very difficult to do (as far as getting 3 Mars II's), but would have interesting results either way.

NightRain

Well if you ran a MARS II as dedicated Physx it would only use one of the GPU's. You'd be much better off not doing it at all, but if you had too just get a standard gtx580.

jibz

I think a 580 dedicated to physx would run at 2% GPU usage under the heaviest of physx load, if used at all.

Does anybody actually play any games that use physx? I don't know anybody who does.

matt270avian

I was just wondering if it would be possible on any board. I know it is complete overkill, and I will never buy it. However, it would work on an SR-2 because it has 7 x16 slots. I know it wouldn't even put any stress on the 3rd card, I just wanted to know if it could be done.

great_big_abyss

so called 'bragging rights'?

If one had LOTS of disposable income, why not. The son of an Saudi Arabian Sheik comes to mind...

kazenagi

Physx is pretty much a gimmick.. only a handful of games actually "utilize" it and makes a slight difference and it'll probably be non existent in the future.

Latest posts

Twitter