What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3 pin splitter

So I recently bought a pc, and I realized I need a fan splitter. I have 4 led, non pwm fans that I need to plug in. The board I have only has 2 rgb headers. Is there an rgb, three pin splitter I could buy?

KaptCrunch

first check load of the fans using for some MB fan headers are low wattage if your fans excede that load will burn out fan header. check MB manual if has that info or contact MB support to find out what max load header can take

lets say 2 fans loads = 1.6 amps 19.2 watts

and MB header support only 1 amp , 12 watts

so best target is 10 watts or less for reliability

then you would need a powerd fan controlier that will support your 4 fans on 1 channel

sswilson

Staff member
Don't most RGB fan connectors daisy chain?

edit: I think it's important that we clear this up.... are you talking about RGB headers or 3 pin fan headers? Single colour led fans take their led power off of the standard fan header, while RGB fans have a separate connector for the leds.

Last edited:

clshades

RGB means software can control the colour with software through the board. Single colour led doesn't matter. Memory express sells splitters either way.

Latest posts

Twitter