What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

TTC

Anyone know of memory express or Canada computers tends to get more inventory?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Given the absolute disaster of 3000 series launch, and the inevitability of AMD's offerings, I REALLY bloody hope that the 6xxx series GPU release is absolutely monster. I'm pritty frustrated by the lack of availability.

Lysrin

That's actually looking grim even for people hoping for a shiny new GPU for Cyberpunk 2077 launch in ... Nov I think? That is staggering demand.

Dwayne

FreeKnight

The issues of the lack of product make me wonder if we'd be better off with a gradual continual improvement in GPUs, with a release every 6-10 months more along the lines of what the CPU market has. Sure there's still shortages, but it feels like CPUs don't get hit quite as badly since there's not 2 years of pent up demand.

Dwayne

Another retailer story, this one out of Denmark; TLDR - they have about 3400 pre-ordered 3080s across all brands they stock. They have ordered 8200 across all brands, and have received around 340 total with another 75 on the way. Some companies have shipped something, but not every sku is being filled.

Retailers don't want to be blamed for the lack of stock. Next, the AIBs might start leaking why they can't turn them out fast enough.

Latest posts

Twitter