What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

draemn

I'm not going to lie, I almost pulled the trigger on a scalped 3080 for 1600 shipped.

Its been nearly 3 months since 'release'. This is insane.
Have you thought of getting your hands on a different card like a 3070 and selling it once you get a 3080? The way I look at it, until end of February, you can probably make someone happy selling them your used card at retail price. Of course, your current GPU might be 10x better than my 780, so it's not really worthwhile to have a temporary upgrade.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Have you thought of getting your hands on a different card like a 3070 and selling it once you get a 3080? The way I look at it, until end of February, you can probably make someone happy selling them your used card at retail price. Of course, your current GPU might be 10x better than my 780, so it's not really worthwhile to have a temporary upgrade.
2080 super is too close to the 3070 imo to justify the cost.

...not that you can find a 3070 either.

rjbarker

.....and the wait continues. I see EK now has FC Blocks "pre-sale" for Evga 3080 FTW Ultra, good news!!!
Hoping to get my mitts on my 3080FTW Ultra maybe Feb ....we'll see!

My 1080Ti SLi has finally been brought to its knees with some recent new titles (neither of which has Sli support, so single 1080Ti @ 3440*1440, Cyberpunk requires a mix of Low (all shadow settings), medium and some high (textures requiring VRAM) this yields 48-58 fps......RDR2 mix of med and high, even Assassins Creed Valhalla requires a mix of settings.
Looking forward to getting my 3080 !!!!

JD

Staff member
Hoping to get my mitts on my 3080FTW Ultra maybe Feb ....we'll see!
Why not get a 3080 Ti at this point though?

There's been a fair number of 3080 stock drops this month, so you should have been able to snag one by now... perhaps not a FTW Ultra, but if you're blocking it anyways, not sure why that matters.

rjbarker

3080Ti ???? Im out of the loop!!! Has this been announced? Havent paid much attention to GPU releases in the past 6 weeks or so.
What do you mean "should have been able to snag one by now" ? I'm not into refreshing and checking sites eveyday (cant be bothered), but maybe 3 or 4 x per week and have never seen them in stock.
Just did a quick search and "rumour" has 3080Ti release date Jan (next month) ?

If thats the case, yes, will likely just pick up a 3080Ti vs 3080, Im sure Water Blocks will be around the corner.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Yeah leaked on the ASUS site too, so seems likely 3080 Ti is launching at the NVIDIA event in Jan.

And you basically have to join one of the many Discord channels out there that will send you notification when there's stock or run a bot of your own to check. Seems to be the new way of online shopping... :(

rjbarker

Yeah leaked on the ASUS site too, so seems likely 3080 Ti is launching at the NVIDIA event in Jan.

And you basically have to join one of the many Discord channels out there that will send you notification when there's stock or run a bot of your own to check. Seems to be the new way of online shopping... :(

Ok thanks JD.....thats good news re: 3080Ti...was expecting it, but didnt think there would be any announcement for these until perhaps May / June....guess I'm too old fashioned, cant be nothered w bots etc to be notified of stock......

At this point I resigned from trying to buy either RTX3080 or 5600X

ipaine

Well, I'm guessing I'll just miss the cut off, but I'm hoping that I can get on a step-up list for the 3080ti. Have 30 days before my timer runs out.

Latest posts

Twitter