What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

rjbarker

Yea 1200w is not utilized unless you have 2 3090s and sli or plan on doing some ridicules overclocking on both the CPU/GPU for a single 3090. 750/850 is sufficient. Those are all marked up at 400$+ as well where as 850w and below are 250 and under.

If you needed a 1600i then you either wanted some uberly silent psu or do some other heavy stuff such as mining

^^^ Cute....thanks I wasnt aware, not sure what I was thinking ;)

Shadowarez

Folding Team
EVGA makes a slick G5 1000w I got lucky got one from Newegg for $280 eBay had em well over $400 mark as someone bought 15 of em.

Izerous

Folding Team
I have had systems where a 1000W PSU is insufficient and 1200W or higher is the only option to handle the overclock not exactly nice to the PSU to be run an 95%+ load full time. I'd rather over provision a PSU and use it for a decade through changing hardware than have to replace it because I put something in with a higher power draw. I could still shove in a second 1080ti and the only thing I'd really only need to do is grab a couple spare cables some fittings and a length of tube. I don't even need to consider if the PSU can handle a second 1080ti i know the headroom is there. Want to ditch the nas and have a dozen drives again can do that too.

mGz

MemEx has an asus thor 1200w (plat rated), in stock atm. Itching to pull the trigger on this. Can anybody shed some light regarding their quality?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
MemEx has an asus thor 1200w (plat rated), in stock atm. Itching to pull the trigger on this. Can anybody shed some light regarding their quality?
Tier A single rail PSU. Anything post 2018 from Asus is great.

Reactions: mGz

belgolas

Canada Computers has some 3090's in stock. Slightly tempted to pick one up seeing as you can't find 3080's anywhere. Though it is not worth the price increase so I will just wait.

bad_conduct

Canada Computers has some 3090's in stock. Slightly tempted to pick one up seeing as you can't find 3080's anywhere. Though it is not worth the price increase so I will just wait.
I may end up getting one of the 6800 or 6900's and going AMD instead. There's a few of them on CC as well.
Snagging any new card at retail price is worth the difference when you can sell your old card used for a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Twitter