What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
So apparently nVidia's store uses an API, and people exploited it to purchase all the FE's prior to them actually going on sale.

This is why it went from 'notify me' to out of stock immediately.

Lysrin

So apparently nVidia's store uses an API, and people exploited it to purchase all the FE's prior to them actually going on sale.

This is why it went from 'notify me' to out of stock immediately.

Gosh darn it people are clever! Pretty annoying though for anyone who was hoping for launch day purchase. And some web coders at NVIDIA are going to get a good talking to... or maybe not. Cards are all sold as far as NVIDIA is concerned I suppose.

sswilson

Staff member
Somebody suggested that these are "monster" mining cards which could also be part of the problem. Miners don't really care much if the ROI is 3 months vice 2 months when the alternative is not getting a card at all.

That'll keep supply/demand low/high for quite some time.

rjbarker

Yep looking more like new Card not until new year,,,,by the time Jan rolls around I'll have lost interest in 3080 and will be looking for Ti models !

Entz

In some ways a delay isn't the worst thing. Perhaps Nvidia will add a Cyberpunk 2077 bundle at some point, vs the current watch dogs one, so that saves a bit money as that is going to be a title where the 30X0 cards shine.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
In some ways a delay isn't the worst thing. Perhaps Nvidia will add a Cyberpunk 2077 bundle at some point, vs the current watch dogs one, so that saves a bit money as that is going to be a title where the 30X0 cards shine.
Stop giving me hope.

clshades

According to gamer nexus, bots are partially responsible. It's a good watch if you haven't yet. Let's be honest though. Is anyone really interested in a rushed card? Lotta bad things can happen when things are built fast with little to no QA.

Entz

Not sure how accurate it is but there is this:

can have your browser scream at you if it comes in stock. Been mentioned a few times on the forums so I think it’s somewhat useful.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team