What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3080's where art thou?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Looked online there is a site these ppl pay $75 a month to and it gives the.access to the bots. One person snagged 40 Fe 3080s.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Do not like the direction this is going thought our industry would be safe but guess I'd you got $100,000s of dollars burning hole in pocket it's doable in any industry.

rjbarker

^^^^ Yep the direction all this going is brutal....oh well, its easier on my wallet as I wont go out of my way at all to immediately purchase a Card or new CPU online...hitting F5 repeatedly ..checking sites every few hours...not going to waste my time......I will randomly check the "common haunts" and at some point (after all the hoopla is over) they become available to purchase "in stock".......

rjbarker

Should be able to pick up a used one I would think reasonably priced.......wouldnt count on any big drops in price on any new ones still in stock...sometimes it never seems to happen....
Its looking more n more like I'll be hanging onto my 1080Ti's for awhile, maybe into the New Year.
Used to love the days when a new Card would release and plenty of Stock at all the local haunts, this now really takes the "ooompphh" out of it, my ADD kicks in after I see "Notify Me" on my usual sites ;)

rjbarker

Looks like pretty much all models available for purchase on Memex "back ordered" though...I would probably go ahead and purchase the Evga FTW3 Ultra, but I tend to wait until I have confirmation EK will have a block that fits .....

Lysrin

This is linked in the Twitter side panel here already, but thought I would put it in the thread as that will disappear from there with future tweets.

Interesting read I thought. Nice to see NVIDIA admit at least that they underestimated and weren't prepared... unless they were and this was just another way to increase anticipation and demand...? Conspiracy conspiracy :p

Latest posts